Western Union Texas Hold’em Sites
This is one of the oldest money transfer businesses in the world. It existed long before the internet was even thought of. Following the UIGEA ruling which forced many eWallets to shut down business in the US market, this company quickly became one of the top deposit methods for online poker players in the United States.
What are the Best Hold ‘em Sites that Accept Western Union?
Most US facing online sites accept WU. In the early days one would have to go to a retailer and purchase a voucher with the recipients payment address. Today, the transactions can still be completed that way, but they can also be done entirely online.
We have gone through the long process of weeding through the sites to choose the best ones that accept this deposit method. The sites that we choose must meet our high standards to be chosen. All of the poker sites listed here have met our criteria. These sites are licensed, regulated by a governing body, undergo frequent audits for fairness, and have a history of timely cash outs.
Can Hold ‘em Players in the US Deposit with Western Union?
US players have been using WU to deposit at online poker sites for years. This has been the most consistent option available. When you deposit with this method you can rest assured that you are working with a reliable company. The process is a little more time consuming than using a credit card, but you will not have to worry that your transaction may be declined.
What are the Advantages of Depositing with Western Union?
This long-established money transfer organization provides many advantages as highlighted below:
- Privacy – Enables you to make deposits without disclosing any personal banking information to the online poker site. This further protects you from the possibility of a third party gaining your information.
- 100% Acceptance Rate – You will not have to be concerned with the possibility of your deposit being declined when you choose this method.
- Fast Deposits – It takes a little longer to deposit with this method than it does to deposit via credit card, but it is still a fast process. Many people are misguided in thinking that it is hard to deposit with WU, but it definitely is not. Keep reading for easy to follow instructions.
- Available for Withdrawals – You will be able to cash out your winnings using this method. There are fees involved, but this is a much faster solution for US players. Waiting on a paper check is a timely process and many times is one of the only other options.
What are the Disadvantages of Depositing with Western Union?
There are a few things about this deposit method that some players are not thrilled with. We have highlighted these things below:
- Fees – WU makes their money by charging fees. This usually adds up to 5-10% of the amount you are sending. Some poker rooms will refund your fees if you deposit over a certain amount. You should check on this prior to depositing.
- Confusing – Some poker players are unsure how the process works to deposit with this method. An overview of the process looks like it is time consuming and not worth the hassle. In reality, it is a very simple process that we are going to walk you through below.
- Funds not Immediately Available – It may take up to an hour for your funds to be credited to your account when depositing with this method.
How Does Western Union Work?
You will have the option of initiating a WU transfer in person at a retail store or online. If you want to use cash to complete the transaction then you will need to visit a retailer. You can use your credit card or personal bank account to fund transactions online.
Once you have figured out whether you want to complete your transaction at a retail store near you or complete your transaction online, you will need to follow the instructions below:
- Initiate the transaction with the poker site by choosing Western Union as your deposit method.
- Site will provide information on where to send payment.
- Use this information to fill out the WU form.
- You will be provided with transaction details that you send to poker site.
- Funds usually deposited into your account within an hour of completing these steps.
If you have any questions, the cashier at the poker site will be glad to assist you with your transaction. They are available around the clock to help you.
Why Should I Deposit at Online Poker Rooms with Western Union?
This payment method provides the utmost security. The online poker site will not have access to any of your personal banking methods. WU has been providing a money transfer service to individuals for over 130 years. They are the pioneers of the industry.
The transaction is very easily completed, and it provides you with the option of using cash to make your purchase. This option also provides quick access to your money through withdrawals.
Western Union History
This company began as a telegraph company back in 1851. It transitioned into money transfers in 1871. It was one of the original stocks on the Dow Jones. The company continued to grow rapidly. It bought out many of its competitors along the way. WU expanded into the global market and made it easy for money to be transferred not only in the United States, but around the world.
The launch of the internet provided new opportunities for the company. In 2000, they launched westernunion.com which enabled customers to complete transactions from home. The business in retail stores remained such a success that they continued with that part of the business as well. The online market became an added market that made it more convenient for customers wishing to use a credit card or bank account to complete transactions.
By 2012, the company had over 500,000 agent locations. Over 231 million consumer–to–consumer transactions were completed worldwide. WU continued to make sending and receiving funds convenient for customers by adding the ability to send and receive money via more than 1,000 ATMs in 2013.
The company continues to be one of the most innovative companies in the world. They continue to strive to make it easier to transfer money quickly around the world.