Skrill is a digital wallet that makes it easy for poker players to transfer money to and from poker sites. You can easily fund your account with your credit or debit card. This gives poker players added security for banking transactions because there will never be a need to disclose your personal banking information directly to the poker site.
What are the Best Texas Hold ‘em Sites that Accept Skrill?
This is a very popular funding method throughout the poker community. It is widely accepted at many reputable online texas hold em sites. You will find that the few minutes it takes to set up your Skrill account will make it much quicker for you to deposit and withdraw funds from your account in the future.
Can Hold ‘em Players in the US Deposit with Skrill?
The digital wallet, formerly known as Moneybookers, pulled out of the United States market in 2008. The UIGEA ruling forced many reputable ewallets and digital wallets out of the market making it harder for US players to make deposits and cash out funds. If you are in the United States then we suggest using Prepaid Global Credit Cards, Western Union or Bitcoin to fund your poker account.
What are the Advantages of Depositing with Skrill?
This banking option not only provides you with an easy way to deposit and withdraw money from your poker account, but it also provides a way for you to shop online.
- Added Security – You will not need to disclose your personal banking information or personal credit card information to the poker room. This further protects you from fraud.
- Ease of Use – Once you have set up your account, you will be able to deposit directly at the poker site instantly.
- Instant Withdraws – If you choose to move money from your Skrill account to your bank account then the transaction will be processed instantly.
- Fast Withdraws from Poker Sites – Your cash out request will be processed much quicker than choosing a check option.
What are the Disadvantages of Depositing with Skrill?
This is a very popular deposit method due to the quick transactions and ease of use. We had to think very hard to come up with some disadvantages, but we did find a few.
- Unavailable to US Players – Unfortunately, players from the US must find another funding source since this method pulled out of the market in 2008.
- May not be Instant – Subject to the method you choose to load your eWallet account, it may take a few days before your funds are available. This can be frustrating to poker players that want to play instantly. Players should plan accordingly if instant funds are not available.
- Fees – You will not be charged a fee by the actual poker site, but this company does charge a fee when you choose to transfer money back to your bank account. The fees are not excessive, but there are fees involved.
How Does Skrill Work?
If you have never used this method then you will need to set up an account. This is a very simple process where you will simply fill out an online registration form. Once you have created your account you can begin making deposit and withdraws from your online poker account. Just visit the cashier area of the poker site and choose Skrill as your payment option.
Why Should I Deposit at Online Poker Rooms with Skrill?
This payment option enables online poker players to deposit funds instantly and begin playing. Players enjoy the added security of using this method to deposit. As an added bonus, Skrill has a VIP scheme which awards loyal players. This is just an added way to earn free money in addition to the bonuses that you can rack up on at poker sites.
The company was created in 2001 and launched as Moneybookers. The website and online payment solution launched in 2002 and became Europe’s first FCA regulated e-money issuer. By 2008, the company operated in over 200 countries worldwide.
This e-wallet saw a huge boost in 2009 when they joined forces with e-bay and issued their first prepaid Mastercards. The purchase of Paysafe Cards helped the company gain even more users.
The company was rebranded in 2011 and was renamed Skrill. It was approved in 2014 as the only sanctioned digital wallet for internet gambling in New Jersey. New Jersey officially legalized online gambling within the state. Unfortunately, this service is not available to residents outside of New Jersey.
Skrill prides itself as being an online global payment solution. Over 40 currencies are accepted which makes it easy for consumers around the world to conduct business globally. The company continues to grow and remains very popular among the online poker community as well as a solution to buy and sell merchandise online.