This is an easy, quick, and safe option for players to fund online poker accounts. PayPal has been around for many years, and it is very likely that you already have an account. It is the payment method most widely accepted at eBay. It enables users to pay and receive money online instantly.
What are the Best Hold’em Sites that Accept PayPal?
This option is available at all major poker sites. Players outside of the United States can instantly fund their accounts using this method. The wide availability of sites that accept this method gives you, the player, many options to choose from. This enables you to be very selective when choosing a site to play at.
Can Hold’em Players in the US Deposit with PayPal?
This option is available in the US for online purchases, but unfortunately poker players cannot use it to fund accounts. The company pulled out of the US market for online gambling in 2003 when it merged with eBay. The company has now split from eBay and is a separate entity. There are rumors that PayPal is considering re-entering the US market as an online gambling payment solution, but we have not seen that happen yet. We can only hope that it does happen.
What are the Advantages of Depositing with PayPal?
There are several benefits of using this method instead of other methods to fund your online poker account. We have listed a few below:
- Instant Deposits – Your funds will be instantly available when you choose this option to fund your account.
- Very Quick – You will simply enter your email address and password to deposit with this method.
- Widely Accepted – You cannot only use this method to fund your account, but you can use it to shop at millions of merchants around the world.
- Easy Payout Solution – The poker site will be happy to process your cash out using this method. It is simple to use and much quicker than choosing a check.
What are the Disadvantages of Depositing with PayPal?
The disadvantages to this method are very limited. We have found a few things that some players may find as a disadvantage below:
- No Online Gaming Use for US players – This is one of the biggest disadvantages we have found. It leaves players from the US struggling to find an easy banking solution for online poker play.
- Account Verification – If you do not already have an account then you will need to set up one. Before you can use your account, you will have to verify it. A small deposit will be made into your bank account, and you must verify the amount that was deposited. This process usually takes a few days, but once this is complete you will be able to begin funding your poker site instantly.
How Does PayPal Work?
This is an online e-wallet. You will begin by opening an account which is a very simple process. Once your account has been opened then you will need to link it either to a bank account or credit card. If you link it to a bank account then you will be able to move money to and fro your bank account easily. You can also request a debit card from Paypal that you can use anywhere that Mastercard is accepted.
Why Should I Deposit at Online Poker Rooms with PayPal?
Using PayPal to deposit at online poker rooms gives you the opportunity to deposit instantly. It is one of the largest online payment processors available, and it is licensed and regulated to ensure that your funds are kept safe. There are minimal to no fees involved and some sites even give you an added bonus for choosing this option.
This company was one of the very first online payment processors available. It was launched in 1998. The company is publicly traded on the stock market. It instantly became very popular among online gamers and was the number one payment processor for online gaming up until it merged with eBay in 2003. After the merge US players were no longer allowed to use this methods to fund any gambling related transactions online.
In 2015, eBay decided to spin off PayPal back into its own separate company. It continues to be one of the most widely used payment processors for online poker players outside of the US market. There have been rumors that the company plans to open up the market for US players, but I have my doubts about that unless new laws are passed.
The company currently has over 179 million active users, and it continues to grow. It is a widely accepted payment across the internet. Small businesses also have the option to use the this method to accept payments in store via credit card by using the swipe device that enables merchants to turn a cell phone into a solution for accepting payments.