MoneyGram is a global money transfer service based in the United States. It is used by many to pay bills and to transfer money to family and friends. A voucher can easily by purchased at almost any Walmart and other retail locations around the world. Consumers can also purchase MoneyGram directly online now which makes it much easier for some people who do not want to leave their homes in order to transfer money. Many poker sites accept MoneyGram as a payment option. This is one of the best options available for players in the United States due to the lack of funding options available.
What are the Best Holdem Sites that Accept MoneyGram?
Many US facing real money poker sites accept this funding method. Some sites use a different name when it is listing in the funding options. One site refers to it as “Rapid Transfer”. So, if you are not sure if it is accepted at a site or not then you can always chat with support and see.
Can Holdem Players in the US Deposit with MoneyGram?
This is one of the most popular depositing methods available to players in the United States. There is a 100% approval rate for sites that accept this method. This means that you will no longer have to see the dreaded “declined” when you enter your credit card information to deposit. It has become very difficult for US players to move money to and fro online poker sites, but this method provides a simple solution to that problem.
What are the Advantages of Depositing with MoneyGram?
This option may not be the most convenient option, but it is the most reliable. We have a list of some of the advantages below:
- Approval Guaranteed – Your deposits will not be denied when you choose this as your method.
- Reliable Funding Option – We have seen many funding options for online poker sites come and go over the years, but this site has always been consistent.
- Available for Most US Facing Sites – US players have limited options when it comes to depositing and cashing out money from online poker sites. This is one of the few options that has consistently been available.
- Easy Cash Out Solution – Once you have used this method to deposit, you will also be able to use it to withdraw your winnings. You can just head to the local Walmart or other retail store where MoneyGram is available and pick up your money once you have completed the cash out process.
What are the Disadvantages of Depositing with Moneygram?
Unfortunately, there are quite a few disadvantages to using this method. See our biggest concerns below:
- Fees – The fees can be pretty hefty when choosing this as a funding option. We have found that it is cheaper to initiate the transaction at a local retailer than completing the transaction online. Walmart charges $4.50 for transactions up to $50 and $9.50 for transactions up to $900. Online transactions vary depending on the amount you would like to deposit. A $50 deposit averages about $5, but the more you send, the more it costs. Some sites will cover the fees if you deposit $300 or more.
- Funds Not Instantly Available – Once you have initiated the deposit process with this option it takes a little while before your money is credited to your poker account. It is usually completed within 30 minutes, but sometimes it takes up to a few hours before you will be able to begin playing.
- Inconvenient – Most poker players do not want to have to actually leave their houses in order to go to a retail store in order to fund their poker account. Of course, it can be done totally online, but the fees are more expensive.
How Does Moneygram Work?
This is a payment transfer option that works similar to Western Union. If you have never used either of these before then you can read over the steps on how to use this to fund your account below:
- Contact Customer Support at the site you wish to deposit at and ask for MoneyGram transfer details.
- Go to a local retailer or visit the online site and provide the transfer details.
- Initiate the transfer by purchasing the amount you would like to deposit.
- Contact the site with the confirmation number.
- Most sites try to credit your account very quickly, but in some cases in may take a few hours.
Why Should I Deposit at Online Poker Rooms with Moneygram?
This is one of the most reliable funding options available for players from the United States. Some sites will cover the fees if you deposit a certain amount so you should check with the site before you initiate your transfer. This can save you some money. Depositing with this method also enables you to cash out with this method. The cash out time is a lot faster when you choose this option than when you choose paper check.
MoneyGram developed from the Travelers Express Co. which launched in 1940. This was a very successful money order company that had business relationships with major corporations. In 1988 the company purchased MoneyGram Payment Systems Inc. which was owned by the company that also owned Western Union.
The Travelers Express Co. merged with the payment system and the two joined just became known as MoneyGram. Travelers Express Co. already had a great reputation and the new merger easily became recognized as a well-trusted brand globally. In 2004, MoneyGram was sold as a stand-alone entity and became a publicly traded company on the stock market.
It is currently the second-largest money transfer company in the world. It is available in more than 200 countries. The availability for online poker players to use this service has increased revenue for the company. The company continues to grow and offer easier ways for consumers to access the products such as online access and mobile access.