PokerStars SCOOP 2018 to Break Records With $65 Million GTDPosted on
There’s something about anniversaries that gets the folks at PokerStars pumped up, so much so that they announce never before seen prize pools such as the $65 million guaranteed for the 10th birthday of the Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) to take place from May 6-21.
The 2018 SCOOP will be the largest ever in PokerStars history and will consist of 183 tournaments over the course of 16 days, with at least one event each day guaranteeing $1 million in prize money. If you’re thinking that you need to be a high roller to participate, guess again because there are buy-ins designed for every budget.
SCOOP is set up as a three-layered series of 61 events with entry fees categorized as low, medium and high. It allows players of every means and skill level to take part regardless of the size of your bankroll. Simply pick whatever buy-in of the 183 events (61 x 3) best suits your budget.
Platinum Pass Giveaway
There are more goodies in store for SCOOP players this year such as the five Platinum Passes to be awarded to a handful of winners. Each Main Event champion will get one, as will the SCOOP Tournament Leaderboard winner. The last man (or woman) standing in a special all-in shootout will nab the fifth Platinum Pass.
Each Platinum Pass is valued at $30,000 and includes expenses for travel, luxurious hotel accommodations, and a seat for the PokerStars Players No-Limit Hold’em Championship set for January 2019 in the sunny Bahamas. Platinum Pass winners, whether poker pros or improving recreational players, are practically guaranteed a fantastic experience and a poker vacation to remember.
In addition to the Platinum Pass giveaway and $65 million in guaranteed prize money, SCOOP players should take note of the following:
- All SCOOP players from previous years are invited to play a freeroll that will award $50,000 in SCOOP tickets. This hyper-turbo event is set for May 5 at 18:00 GMT, the day prior to SCOOP’s official kick off.
- The three SCOOP Main Events will be held on Sunday, May 20 and will feature a $109 buy-in with $1.5 million GTD, a $1,050 buy-in with $4 million GTD, and a $10,300 buy-in with $5 million GTD. Remember, the winner of each gets a free Platinum Pass.
- Another huge day with multiple events offering million-dollar prize pools is Wednesday, May 9. SCOOP Event #14, a High Roller, guarantees $1 million for the $215 and $2,100 low and medium buy-ins, and $2.5 million for the high event that costs $25,000 to enter.
- Serious grinders can shoot for a bunch of SCOOP leaderboard prizes, with the top prize being the previously mentioned Platinum Pass.
- Spin & Go qualifiers at two separate buy-in levels of $7.50 and $35.00 will be running and offering prizes of up to $25,000 in SCOOP buy-ins.
- Be on the lookout for weekly Spin & Go challenges in which entries into two $25,000 Weekly Challenge Freerolls will be awarding tickets to SCOOP events.
The 2018 SCOOP extravaganza featuring $65 million guaranteed and a slew of other prizes looks to be a fine way to celebrate 10 years of a popular online poker series. It will take place not long after PokerStars commemorates its 12th anniversary of the Sunday Million on April 22 with a special Sunday Million 12th Anniversary Edition: Take 2 that guarantees $10,000,000 in prize money – even though the Take 1 version in February resulted in an overlay of more than $1.2 million.
PokerStars loves those anniversaries.